If you own a house, certain things are inevitable. Sooner or later, you’re going to need a plumber. The best time to find someone to take care of your plumbing problems is before an emergency arises. As soon as you move into a new place, you should begin compiling a list of service people who can help you take the proper care of your home. Start by asking your new neighbors for their recommendations, but develop your own list of “must haves” when looking for plumbing services in Woodstock and the surrounding areas.
Your Non-Negotiable List
- Your next plumbing company should have a fast and convenient 24/7 emergency service offered as standard.
- They should be able to both install and maintain all the plumbing devices in your home.
- Make sure the company has the proper licensing, is certified, and bonded.
- You want the service to have skilled craftsmen who continually undergo advanced training to keep up with the latest innovations in the industry.
- A local franchise of a national chain might be the best option, since they have the benefits of a big company along with the local knowledge of your area.
- The company should be able to offer a full range of services, from snaking a drain to replacing old sewer pipes.
What Else to Look For
Recommendations from neighbors is a good start, but you need to do your own homework. Check each company’s website and read testimonials from satisfied customers. Look at Angie’s List and HomePro for an unbiased view of each company. Also, check with a website like HomeAdvisor to see what each business charges for their services. Once you narrow down your selection, do a test run with a non-emergency, and see how the company reacts. If they do only the service you requested, they should prepare a report for you, explaining what they’ve done, and not try to sell you more than you’ve agreed to. Have the company check all the ways water enters the home, from a water heater to a toilet to an ice-maker in the refrigerator. A reputable plumber should check all your systems and offer advice on what needs to be considered to upgrade down the road. When you consider how important clean water and working plumbing are to your family’s safety and well-being, you can understand how careful you need to be when choosing plumbing services in Woodstock.